Global Defence & Aerospace Manufacturer
Senior Management Role
About Our Client
Our client is a global defence organisation
To lead, develop and establish manufacturing operations processes to safely and reliably meet customer and
business expectations in terms of SHE, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People.
The role assumes overall accountability for manufacturing operations for the site, ensuring we are delivering against
the businesses strategy, and consistently achieving the key performance indicators.
Providing leadership to the plants via the Process Leader cohort to guarantee effective and efficient day to day
operations; to deliver against budgetary and operational KPI's.
Accountability for the welfare and development of all operational and mechanical maintenance employees.
This role encompasses working across the business at all levels, liaising with Logisitics, Electrical/Automation, Site
Services, Finance, Procurement and Engineering.
The role will assume full budget accountability for the operational areas under their control.
· Overall accountability for the safety of the employees working within the manufacturing areas.
· The implementation of effective management arrangements of the SHE policy, legislation and safe systems
of work; including planning, organisation, monitoring and review of preventative and protective measures.
· Accountable to ensure the effective delivery of Safety KPI's including OSHEN reporting, Tool Box talks, Talk
Safes, Work Place Inspections, PAVA's, etc.
· Accountability for manufacturing process quality; managing adherence to quality standards and procedures.
· To work with the site Quality Manager and direct reports to identify & facilitate the implementation of quality
· Accountable for achieving the manufacturing annual budgets, including labour costs (incl. authorisation of
OT), general and capital purchases.
· Accountability for the achievement of manufacturing costs and standards against contract budgets.
· Responsible for the provision of support and resources to aid the implementation of CI projects.
· Hold accountability for achieving the annual customer delivery and manufacturing schedule
· To support the development and establishment of efficient manufacturing processes and facilities to meet
production programme requirements, taking into consideration factors such as safety, logistics, process
flow, inventory and lead times.
· Lead the development and implementation of continuous improvement activities utilising, for example, lean
tools and techniques to drive delivery performance, throughput, WIP management and operating expense
· Responsibility to lead, develop and motivate staff members within the Manufacturing and
Mechanical Maintenance teams.
· Overall accountability for people and process performance across manufacturing; which includes discipline,
development, supervision, time management and attendance over and up to a 3 shift continuous production
· Responsible for the efficient execution of all recruitment activities within manufacturing.
· To establish and drive a high performance culture.
The Successful Applicant
· Safety Awareness - A safety conscious attitude with knowledge and skill to fully integrate safety into the working environment.
· Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing change in tasks or work environment.
· Building a Successful Team - An ability to lead a team ensuring deliverables are achieved to the required quality and schedule.
· Building Trust - Interacting with integrity, remaining open to ideas and supporting others.
· Coaching - Providing timely feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
· Communication - Clearly conveying information at all levels with the ability to confidently articulate technical & safety information to a variety of stakeholders.
· Initiating Action - A proactive and enthusiastic approach to work, taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
· Conflict Management - Ability to help others through emotional or tense situations, identifying performance issues and tactfully bringing them into the open, defining solutions that enable behaviour change.
· Time Management - Effectively managing their own time and resources as well as those of their direct reports.
· Planning & Organising - Ability to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, ensuring deliverables are achieved to the required quality and schedule.
· Quality Orientation - Having excellent attention to detail and accurately checking processes and tasks to ensure high-quality output.
· Degree in an Engineering/Operational Discipline preferred; minimum requirement of an HND
qualification in an engineering/operational discipline
· Qualified in NEBOSH/IOSH and/or Environmental Managing Safety (or working towards)
· Success in implementing and sustaining continuous improvement activities
· Safety conscious attitude with knowledge and skill to fully integrate safety into the working environment
· Ability to influence through effective negotiation, involvement and engagement with key stakeholders,
earning trust from others and embracing teamwork
· Ability to coach and develop others for success
· Experience in leading manufacturing production, in a targets driven and high volume environment
· Experience in embedding and driving lean manufacturing to streamline processes and optimise
resources in production
· Experience in working in a automated and digital manufacturing environment is highly advantageous - SMART Manufacturing
What's on Offer
£50,000 to £55,000 plus excellent benefits and fantastic career opportunities