- Well Established Manufacturing Company
- Senior Management Role
About Our Client
Our client is a well established, market leading manufacturing company based in Ashton-Under-Lyne.
Reporting to the Operations Director and managing 3 business units, your role is to ensure the manufacturing facility enables the business to achieve growth by becoming the industry's quality supplier of choice with a cost-effective range of product designed and built to the highest standard at the lowest possible cost in the shortest lead-timeTo build on the company's strategy for improved quality, product cost, productivity and flexibility by managing and improving the production manufacturing processes and production team
* Full ownership of the production manufacturing capacity and production work centres and execution of the Manufacturing production plan.
* Ensure planning parameters, work centre capacities are reviewed to ensure bottlenecks in capacity are identified and eliminated.
* To lead and drive the introduction of continuous improvement projects which will improve quality, Health and safety, reduce production lead times, enhance manufacturing flexibility and reduce costs.
* Actively manage labour costs, material scrap, expendables to maximise gross manufacturing efficiency and operational performance
* Act with passion as the champion of change to deliver industry best manufacturing lead times and on time in full deliveries.
* Develop and drive a continuous improvement culture in the manufacturing team.
* Develop and drive behavioural change towards Health and Safety and quality assurance.
* Engage directly with other functional areas such as commercial, technical, quality, production engineering to develop cross functional relationships and improved communication.
* Develop and own appropriate departmental KPIs to ensure performance and improvement is measured and acted upon.
* Manage and develop through training, mentoring and skills management the manufacturing Supervisors and cell leaders to ensure effective performance.
The Successful Applicant
* Proven track record working in a fast-paced manufacturing facility in a production management role.
* Recognised qualifications in Leadership / Operations management
* Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
* Strong IT skills.
* Experience of improving on time delivery, lead time reduction and effective inventory control.
* Demonstrate a measurable history of delivering improved on time delivery, high quality yield, high levels of production efficiency improvements.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data to advise and compile proactive action plan for improvement activities.
* Good understanding of the commercial and business implications of failure to deliver quickly and on time
* Strong leadership skills with ability to effectively lead and manage teams to ensure an effective service is provided to the business.
* Demonstrates good interpersonal skills with ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
* Works and drives collaborative working
* Lateral thinker and problem solver ability to apply appropriate tools and techniques.
* Strong communication skills both in verbal and written format
* Willing to 'roll up sleeves' and 'get stuck in'.
* Ability to influence key stakeholders
* Display high levels of resilience during busy periods
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, car allowance and benefits with potentially opportunity for progression within the company.