Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
Responsibility for 3 Production Managers and headcount of c.300 production staff
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer of automotive components, supplying a diverse range of products into a number of different OEM customers. The business has grown organically in recent times with further reason for excitement over the next few years. The successful Manufacturing Manager will lead a team of 3 Production Managers and an indirect headcount of c.300, embedding a lean culture with clear training and development plans.
The successful Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for wheeling out a continuous improvement strategy to improve production efficiencies across the entire site.
- Responsible for a large Operational team inclusive of all Manufacturing & Logistics personnel
- Provide strategy for all manufacturing operations on site
- Engagement of operations teams in business values and objectives
- Design and implementation of change based on data and root cause (i.e. risk assessments, root cause analysis, 5S, best in class bench-marking & reapplication)
- Drive CI performance including plant efficiency, OEE, Near miss, product flow compliance
- Leading and facilitating improvement activity using Kaizen and DMAIC approach
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities to improve process flows, cutting inefficiencies out of the production line and driving down takt time.
- Make necessary amendments to production schedule
- Engage, mentor and develop the team's capability
- Interpret individual and operation-based performance statistics to drive KPIs and develop Shift Managers
- Make sure procedures are compliant with standards for Quality, Environmental and H&S.
The Successful Applicant
- Background in Tier 1 Automotive
- Ideally Six Sigma Green Belt certified with strong knowledge of WCM principles
- Capable of compiling training and development plans for all manufacturing supervisors and managers
- Knowledge of various manufacturing techniques would be advantageous
- Excellent communicator and natural leader
- Solid understanding of commercial side of manufacturing
- Committed and tenacious leader with resilience to drive for success in a challenging and fast changing environment
What's on Offer
Salary from £55,000 - £65,000 + benefits