- Fantastic opportunity to join a market leading specialty chemicals business
- Experienced Account Manager responsible for major blue-chip accounts.
About Our Client
A global speciality chemical business.
The Market Development Manager EMEA will be responsible for some of the largest accounts within the organisation. You will be tasked with driving revenue and profitability growth within these major accounts, as well as identifying new business opportunities. The Market Development Manager will also manage a small number of sales agents across the Region and will look to offer technical and commercial support to them. You will be based remotely anywhere across Europe with extensive travel required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- In line with company expectations, ensure that all sales targets are met and exceeded.
- Play an active part in helping to define and implement the global sales strategy.
- Deliver an accurate sales forecast by utilising the relevant company procedures.
- Maintain and develop key relationships across multiple stakeholders (C-suite through to R&D) within your Key Accounts in order to deliver sales growth.
- Conduct market analysis in order to develop new business opportunities by identifying new product applications as well as target customers.
- Lead on all contract negotiations including agreeing supply agreements and NDA's.
- Provide strong technical support and product recommendations to customers through continual communication with R&D.
- Support a small network of agents throughout the EMEA region with technical support, as well as agreeing sales targets and in line with growth expectations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will demonstrate the below competencies:
- A strong technical understanding of catalysts and their applications.
- A proven track record of overachieving sales targets within a speciality chemical sales role, preferably within the Catalyst industry.
- Excellent strategic account management skills with demonstrable success of being able to grow complex accounts.
- A strong communicator that is able to build key relationships from board level down, both internally and externally.
- Excellent negotiation skills with experience of putting together supply agreement contracts.
- An autonomous sales leader that is able to take ownership of the strategic vision for the EMEA region.
- Be able to deliver technical presentations to a number of stakeholders within the customer base.
- Previously having worked in a multinational organisation would be a distinct advantage.
- Be constantly looking at personal development through seeking out feedback from customers and colleagues.
- A scientific degree or relevant industry experience is a requirement with an MBA being a distinct advantage.
- This role can be based anywhere across Europe and will be based from home. The position will require extensive travel across Europe with an expected travel time of up to 50%.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and German, with additional languages advantageous.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary depending upon experience