Market Risk Analyst
Growing company going through change
Fast paced and dynamic company
About Our Client
Th company is a leader in two large and growing markets: Car-as-a-Service for new cars, through its business, and the high-quality three-to-four-year-old used car market, through its CarNext.com business.
- Analyse the factors affecting the car/leasing and maintenance markets
- Produce a full review of RV and maintenance budgets twice a year, with new models set on a monthly basis
- Produce a full review of the outlook for the used car and maintenance markets twice a year, with updates and preliminary views on a monthly basis
- Manage the Monthly Forecast Forum
- Drive the development of the outsourced used car price and maintenance forecasting methodology including the econometric models of used car prices
- Create the quarterly fleet termination forecast (FRA)
- Identify loss making vehicles/customers and suggest required action to enhance profitability
- Present complex information and concepts at internal forums as well as to the wider business at all levels
- Proactively analyse termination results for opportunities to mitigate risks.
- Develop key processes towards efficiency and accuracy goals
- Keep up to date with product knowledge through new vehicle research, including manufacturer events
- Personally contribute to the Asset Risk visions as well as the strategy and vision
- Carry out ad hoc analysis in support of the wider business
The Successful Applicant
· Proven track record in implementing solutions to analytical problems
· Creativity to formulate ideas and question current thinking with the drive to be solution oriented
· Confidence to question with an aim of constant development
· Use negotiating and influencing skills to promote an idea/concept
· Integrity to handle a risk-based role, making decisions and/or recommendations for the good of the business
· Ability to communicate complex technical data/concepts to all levels of the business
· Integrity to handle a risk based role making decisions/recommendations for the good of the business
· Can do attitude in line with the Service Style mindset
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel including macros
· Knowledge of SAS would be an advantage
· Active interest in cars and the automotive industry
· Fluent in business English language - written and verbal.
· Full understanding of relevant products, processes and systems.
· Experience of actively participating in a team environment, whilst demonstrating the capability to work independently.
What's on Offer
Upto £50,000 salary with a chance to go permenant at the end of the 6 months!