- This is a 12 month contract role at a leading bank in London
- This person will have Market Risk and FX experience in banking
About Our Client
My client is a leading bank. This role is based in the City of London.
The Market Risk Analyst will be responsible for:
- Accurate and timely reporting of the P&L and Risk for the desks assigned.
- P&L reporting includes: confirmation of full trade coverage with reconciliation breaks appropriately managed; explanation of the P&L.
- Risk reporting includes: Value at Risk reporting and validation of the computation through full trade coverage validations and market data checks; sensitivity reporting and limit checking.
- Interacting regularly with front office traders to ensure that the market risks arising from day-to-day trading positions are fully understood and managed appropriately within the desk's limit framework.
- Developing a deep understanding of the products and markets covered by the trading desk.
- Submitting and confirming reported results in the consolidated reporting platforms.
- Monitoring market news and trends, proactively communicating key events to senior management
- Pro-actively looking for risks / market developments / control issues that are not covered by standard reporting.
- Contributing to projects. The department participates in a wide number of regulatory and internal projects as we adapt to changing market dynamics and technology improvements. Project work is organized under an Agile Way of Working.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Market Risk Analyst will have:
- 5 years or more relevant work experience in Financial Services.
- Solid understanding of the dynamics, valuation and market risk of FX Products, including FX Spot, FX Forwards, FX Swaps and FX Options (both Vanilla and Exotic).
- Strong Product Control knowledge for these products (basic accounting, P&L calculation, price-testing, reserving, etc.). Market Risk Management knowledge (product valuation, risk metrics such as VaR, greeks, etc.).
- Good understanding of FX markets dynamics, products and hedging strategies.
- Experience working with Murex.
- Programming skills (VBA, Python).
- Experience developing prudent valuation models for FX products.
- Knowledge/Experience with regulations and regulatory exercises, such as FRTB, IFRS, Algo Governance etc.
- Master in Finance/Economics/Econometrics or other relevant field.
What's on Offer
This is a 12 month maternity leave cover contract role with immediate start. This person will be paid £300-400 per day depending on experience.