Market Risk Analyst
This is a brand new role in a high performing energy trading firm
This person needs to have strong Python modelling skills
About Our Client
My client is an energy trading firm. This role is based in London.
The Market Risk Analyst will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining pricing/risk tools for brokers and risk using Excel and Python, either through developing new models or enhancing existing models
- Conducting ad-hoc market analysis, as required by brokers, risk and management
- Sourcing, manipulating and analysing large data sets
- Maintaining detailed position summary for the respective business units
- Resolving position and VAR issues and ensure accuracy at all times
- Keeping the risk team informed on market risks through use of proprietary reporting tools as well as self-developed solutions
- Identifying and executing on value-add projects related to risk & valuation using data, financial modelling and technology
- Regular collaboration on risk related projects in partnership with the data science team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Market Risk Analyst will have/be:
- Graduate with an excellent academic record, ideally in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, a under/postgraduate in quantitative field preferred
- Strong proficiency in Python. Other languages are advantageous (C++, Java, or Matlab)
- At least 3-5 years experience in a related role at an energy trader, hedge fund, investment bank or utility
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability and comfort with Excel
- A strong interest in data science and data visualization
- A background in Financial Services ideally
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role offering £50,000-60,000 basic and a high bonus potential. This role is based in the City of London.