Market Risk Analyst
This is a new permanent position with a leading Financial Services business
This person will support the strategic direction for the Market Risk activities
About Our Client
My client is a leading international bank. This role is based in the City of London office.
The Market Risk Associate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring trading activity throughout the day, reviewing their impact on positions against limits, and detecting any unusual activity.
- The timely processing, analysis of exposures and escalation of Key Risk Indicators where required, explaining positions and movements in market risk metrics.
- Proactively support the London team to identify and effectively manage all of their market risk exposures and ensure corrective action is fostered in a timely manner including mandating exposure reduction to within the limit
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders, clients and internal business partners
- Support, oversight and challenge projects related to market risk impacting the business
- Ensure ongoing compliance with PRA/FCA requirements and prudential standards
- Create concise, accurate and relevant Market Risk information in order to enable effective decision making
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Risk experience in Financial Services
- Degree and/or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject, e.g. finance, accounting, economics
- Modelling experience - ideally Visual Basic or Excel but other modelling languages are also a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a wider team
What's on Offer
This is a permanent Market Risk Associate role based in the City of London. The salary on offer is £40,000 - 50,000 basic depending on the candidate's experience plus a competitive benefits package.