Once in a lifetime opportunity to shape the direction of the business
rapid growth sector
About Our Client
Market leading b2b organisation with domestic and international customers with head offices based just off the M56 in Cheshire
Marketing Analyst Key Accountabilities:
- To develop a thorough understanding of and insight into the company's domestic and business customers.
- To provide expertise on segmentation to enable the Sales and Marketing teams to improve their understanding of the various sectors / markets and thereby improve business performance.
- Deliver targeted data extracts for marketing campaigns and produce full evaluations of all campaigns, including firm recommendations on how to improve response and ROI from marketing and sales activities.
- To manage the operation of the customer satisfaction process, including data extraction, survey implementation, analysing the results and ensuring that the business reacts to negative comments.
- Be proactive in delivering regular management information to the Management team, identifying and dealing with issues at senior and regional levels. Present findings in a consistent, cohesive and comprehensible way, both in written reports and formal presentations.
- Development and management of the customer database and data analysis tools. This will include highlighting data quality issues and cleanse the database as and when required.
- To manage and report on key market intelligence and competitor activity, relevant to each business sector.
- To solve critical and complex data orientated business questions relating to customer, sector and prospect behaviour. This will include making clear recommendations so that prompt action can be taken.
- To be responsible for all Data Protection issues within the business, in particular for ensuring that the company is compliant with GDPR.
- To implement market research when required and maintain a repository of all research that is relevant to the business needs.
- To be aware of and understand the departmental and business targets and the role that you play in their delivery.
The Successful Applicant
Marketing Analyst - Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a marketing or business related subject
- At least two years' experience in a marketing analysis position within a customer centric business
- Strong relational database skills and extensive experience manipulating and reformatting data using MS Excel, SQL, MS Access, SAS, SPSS or other market standard analysis packages, and experience of geo-mapping packages
- Experience of using customer profiling systems such as Mosaic or Acorn and an understanding of SIC codes
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and to make clear recommendations on remedial action
- Knowledge of GDPR, data protection and security issues
- Thorough understanding of different data structures / formats and comfortable importing / exporting data from various sources
- Knowledge of strategic marketing principles and decision-making
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrable experience of de-duping data at practically any level
- Experience of delivering management information in a professional and concise manner at a senior level
- Experience of converting large volumes of data into meaningful insights and making actionable recommendations
- The ability to interpret semi-technical situations from an IT perspective and communicate solutions in plain English
- An excellent communicator, able to present data solutions and management information clearly and succinctly to all levels in the business
- Strong project management skills to ensure that information is delivered on time with a high level of professionalism
What's on Offer
£35,000 + pension + 20% bonus + 25 days holiday
The opportunity to working as part of a brand new marketing team shaping the direction of the business based in Cheshire.