- Work closely on marketing strategies with senior stakeholders
- Inclusive culture, Flexible working & amazing benefits
About Our Client
PageGroup is partnering with a social impact organisation that focuses on improving Diversity and Inclusion through mentoring, learning and development programmes. They work with companies across different industries including financial services, construction, marketing etc. With D&I being top priority for many organisations over the last few years, they are looking to expand the team to support the growth and aspirations of the business and their clients.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Assistant with strong administration experience to support the Head of Marketing and communication on the central communications strategy across topics including Sustainability, DEI, Digital Innovation and Industry reputation. A typical day could be: organising and coordinating a creative design diary, maintaining our social media accounts and downloading analytics, coordinating and contributing to a client/ internal newsletter, supporting on projects (website, summit series, filming our speakers)
We believe in investing in our people. Some of our benefits include Coaching and development to support you in your role and progression, the Opportunity to attend learning and development sessions with high profile and world class speakers and facilitators, Exposure to some fantastic clients in FTSE 250, Flexible and agile working, personal laptop, 25 days annual leave to name a few.
Our client is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and welcomes applications from all ethnicities, genders, and individuals with disabilities. We are happy to make reasonable adjustments through the recruitment process to allow you to perform at your best.
- Maintaining website, social media posting and providing analytics to relevant teams
- Co-ordinating internal marketing, including newsletters, guides, and quarterly updates
- Assist the head of marketing and communications in developing client campaigns
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns, whilst analysing and altering schedules where
The Successful Applicant
- At least 1 years' Experience working in marketing, communication or administration
- Creative flair and passion for writing and creating
- Excellent organisation and planning - a multi tasker and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A team player
- Good knowledge and understanding of the social media landscape and platforms
- Ambitious, empathetic and adaptable
What's on Offer
We believe in investing in our people. Some of our benefits include Coaching and development to support you in your role and progression, the Opportunity to attend learning and development sessions with high profile and world-class speakers and facilitators, Exposure to some fantastic clients in FTSE 250, Flexible and agile working, personal laptop, 25 days annual leave to name a few.