Marketing Communications Manager
Lead the global brand communications strategy; leading across PR and Social
Own the brand purpose; leading global experiential and brand-storytelling
About Our Client
Brompton's mission is to transform the way people live in cities. The Brompton Bicycle was conceived in 1975 as a product that increases people's independence and freedom and this is still at the heart of everything they do. Brompton build products that are genuinely useful wherever and whenever they are needed. Still made in London today, with 312 employees and with presence in 45 countries, Brompton manufacture over 45,000 bikes per year and is the UK's largest bike manufacturer. The Brompton site is based in Greenford, West London.
The successful Marketing Communications Manager will have the following responsibilities;
- Develop annual communications plan with engagement from key stakeholders.
- Lead our communications planning for new product releases, marketing campaigns and brand storytelling.
- Work with external creative, media and PR agencies to deliver impactful campaigns in line with commercial objectives and our communications calendar.
- Work with the in-house creative team to create and distribute valuable content to attract, acquire and engage relevant audiences.
- Own the brand communications calendar for owned channels (email, website and social)
- Set and report against campaign KPIs
- Use your network and knowledge of the industry to identify stories worth telling
- Build strong relationships with our CEO, directors and senior media contacts to identify opportunities and grow media coverage
- Craft interesting content which engages with the media narrative
- Work collaboratively with international PR agencies and local marketing execs to proactively pitch stories with local media.
- Build relationships with cycling, health and mobility advocacy groups
- Support the Social and Communications Exec to manage press office enquiries
- Set and report against PR KPIs
- Develop and lead the global social media strategy
- Support the Communications Exec to implement the social media plan on a day to day basis
- Identify influencers and advocates and build engagement with these groups
People & Agency management
- Management of two direct reports; Social & Communications Exec and Digital Content Exec
- External network and partnership development:
The Successful Applicant
The successful Marketing Communications Manager must have a passion for health, wellness and/or sports. You will ideally step forward with a combination of agency and brand side experience; showing your creativity and commitment to brands-with-a-purpose.
- Minimum 5-6 years' working in a Marketing or Communications role, agency and / or client-side experience will be considered
- Graduate with strong academic performance desired
- Strong copywriting skills
- Managed digital and brand campaigns
- International market experience preferred
- Enjoys cycling or passionate about cycling as a transport solution
What's on Offer
An amazing global opportunity with a growing brand and a welcoming team; are you ready for your next adventure?