Marketing & Communications Manager
£30,000 - £36,000
About Our Client
- Develop and deliver local marketing plans and tactics to support corporate, national and local operational - marketing needs across all areas of the business, including driving new business
- Contribute to relevant insight, including analysis of campaign activity and reporting against KPIs
- Use marketing materials, publications and promotional tools to achieve the organisations communications aims
- Contribute to the online output, creating content for the website and social media channels
- Manage local events to support leadership and advocacy
- Work with grant recipients to extend the reach and effectiveness of the brand developing acknowledgement plans that are far-reaching, long lasting and effective
Media & PR
- Lead on delivering news and feature coverage for charity across a wide range of national, local and specialist media
- Lead on communications for corporate and policy-led announcements
- Act as communications advisor to the Area Director and the members and Chair of the Area Committee
- Co-ordinate communications activity for Committee-level grants
- Find stories and create engaging content for the Fund's website and social media channels
- Manage media relations for announcements, openings and events, including writing press releases and selling-in to media
- Support communication campaigns, e.g. around new funding initiatives or consumer-facing work to raise the profile of the charity funding
- Prepare reactive lines and briefing materials, often to tight deadlines
- Organise media visits, events and briefings
- Build relationships with local media and grant recipients, finding opportunities for media profile for the work of the Fund
- Co-ordinate activity on local social media channels and contribute to UK-wide social media channels
The Successful Applicant
- Substantial and proven experience in a marketing and /or communications role, ideally in a busy and high profile organisation.
- Experience of planning and implementing effective communications and marketing strategies.
- Experience of using analysis and evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Significant media relations experience, ideally in a busy press office or PR agency, regularly dealing with journalists.
- Excellent communication skills: clear, effective and confident in spoken and written communication. Able to state a case clearly, logically and concisely and write for a consumer audience
- Enthusiasm and creative ability to develop proactive media opportunities; confident in ability to sell-in and develop relationships with all types of media.
- Confident and adaptable self-starter with ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent IT skills including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, playing a full and co-operative role.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce timely communications materials.
- A genuine interest in the UK's heritage
- Methodical approach and able to work effectively on several tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work under pressure, if necessary, unsupervised.
- An understanding of the public policy landscape.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to equality and diversity to support the Fund's corporate objective of enhancing equality and diversity in grant giving, governance and the workforce.
- Occasional travel, including regular trips to the London office, site visits and overnight stays may be necessary.
What's on Offer
6 month FTC - potential to go permanent