Charity with an inspiring purpose
About Our Client
This charity brings people together, inspires pride in communities and boosts investment in local economies. They provide leadership and support for the sector while advocating for its value.
This role will play a key role in the advocacy for the charity & its projects and will be pivotal in boosting the charity's profile. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract that will shape the future of marketing for the charity.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering local marketing plans and tactics to support corporate, national and local marketing needs
- Delivering news and feature coverage for organisation across a wide range of national, local and specialist media
- Finding stories and creating engaging content for the website and social media channels
- Managing local events to support leadership and advocacy
- Managing media relations for announcements, openings and events, including writing press releases and selling-in to media
The Successful Applicant
The successful Marketing Manager will possess:
- A proven track record in a marketing and/or communications role, ideally in a busy, high profile organisation
- Experience of planning and implementing effective communications and marketing strategies
- A significant media relations background, ideally in a busy press office or PR agency, regularly dealing with journalists
- Experience of using analysis and evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of campaigns
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, playing a full and co-operative role.
What's on Offer
The successful Marketing Manager will benefit from:
- An immediate start
- 12 month contract
- Dynamic working environment and a collaborative, supportive team
- Manchester-based office