Opportunity to mould a newly created role within a bespoke Manufacturing org.
Become part of a industry leading, forward thinking culture.
About Our Client
My client is a bespoke, industry leading Manufacturing organisation. Known for being a dynamic, forward thinking business with a "can do" culture. They are looking for Materials buyer to join the team and head up the purchasing function. The newly created position will report directly into the MD and global procurement manager.
Key responsibility's of the Materials Buyer:
- Negotiate the most competitive prices of raw material, components, assemblies and finished goods against required quality.
- On continuous basis secure best prices and best suppliers via market scan (Globally).
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the business suppliers.
- First and main contact in case of escalation, opportunities or issues.
- Regularly review, manage and negotiate with suppliers to achieve best in class: lead-time, delivery performance, costs and product quality without compromising the business inventory targets.
- Act to mitigate supplier cost increases, either through negotiation, delay of the increase or alternate supply.
- Day-1 involvement in new projects/product engineering.
- Consult with engineering personnel to confirm product performance criteria and specifications for manufacturing and testing to facilitate the procurement of parts.
- Ensure that master data in SAP and in other databases of supplier prices are up to date, so that the quarterly inter company price lists can be accurately built and issued on time.
- Monitor external market prices to check that supplier prices are in line with any market index changes.
- Inform the organisation on a monthly basis on market prices of raw materials.
- Together with Management, set quarterly objectives to achieve cost reductions which better our "in quarter material purchase price" and put in place actions to get the benefits within the quarter.
- Prepare management information which demonstrates improvements achieved on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that materials with a long lead times are ordered in a timely manner to fulfil production demands whilst ensuring that inventory levels do not rise above budgeted targets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with SAP in a manufacturing organisation producing many different parts with varying levels of demand and frequency of demand.
- Ability to work across the organisation to utilise the knowledge of others to achieve quarter on quarter improvements.
- Demonstrable experience of developing strong supplier relationships.
- At least 5 - 10 years working in procurement in an engineering company.
- Able to work in a fast-moving environment and with sometimes conflicting timescales and objectives.
- Pro-active, thinking out-of-the-box, drive to achieve cost savings.
- Willing to travel, around 15-20%
What's on Offer
Circa £30,000 + benefits