world's largest oil company
truly unique opportunity for R&D minded individuals
About Our Client
The world's largest oil company.
My client are looking for a production consultant/specialist to work at their Aberdeen Technology Office to support the efforts of their Upstream Research Centre in the area of flow and composition measurement both for downhole and surface applications. The person must have a good understanding of upstream flow/composition measurement issues and be aware of the existing solutions within the Oil & Gas industry. The person must have relevant experience in product development and managing competing customer requirements. Preferably, the person would have been involved in the product development from the early conceptual stage to the field trial stage. The person will work with both research and operations departments to overcome the field challenges and develop innovative solutions and deploy them in the field.
The role will involve collaboration with innovative organisations and academia in order to introduce novel technologies to the field.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Hands-on product design/development experience
- Expertise in hydrocarbon flow and/or composition measurement and/or sampling
- 10+ years in Oil & Gas industry
- Track record of innovation and filing patents
- Project management and system engineering experience
Additional (optional) requirements
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Good understanding of intelligent completions and artificial lift
- Experience in writing technical publications
- Experience of deploying new technology in the field
What's on Offer
Every 2nd Friday off
Individual Bonus Scheme