Mechanical Design Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000
Excellent career development
About Our Client
Our client are a specialist manufacturer of innovative and diverse product ranges sold into a variety of industries including Oil & Gas and Defence.
- Provide engineering design input to new products.
- Provide engineering support to the existing product range.
- Assess technical queries and provide engineering solutions to a wide ranging products portfolio.
- Liaise with internal departments such as sales, procurement and production to ensure the best technical solution is provided in all instances.
- Sourcing suitable components and materials when required.
- Creation of part numbers and bill of materials.
- Creation of engineering documentation such as specifications, proposals, assembly instructions, test procedures, certification and reports.
- Checking detailed manufacturing drawings and documentation.
- Ensuring engineering solutions are provided on time and on budget.
- Adherence to engineering and company standards and processes.
- Site visits to other offices and client assets as and when required.
- Accountability and responsibility as technical checker of drawings and documentation generated in support of the mechanical engineer role.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven mechanical design skills.
- Skilled in generating design calculations.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of design standards.
- Knowledge of industry guidelines such as IMCA.
- Previous product design experience would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 years in a graduate engineer role.
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent industry experience.
What's on Offer
Salary £40-£45k + Benefits