Mechanical Design Engineer
Join a business delivering cutting edge technology into a progressive industry
Work on technically challenging projects with defined deliverables
About Our Client
Michael Page are working closely with a leader in their field who deliver complex, batch driven projects for global customers. Leading the way on 'electrification' in their market this business has a sustainable plan to ensure market share for many years to come.
With a highly demanding customer base driven by just in time principles this business are looking to add a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to support with major projects based out of their manufacturing site in Leeds.
Due to the current climate the business have adapted to remote working practices and there will likely be a mixture of home and office working. It is critical that the successful candidate can get to the Leeds site at short notice however so this cannot be a full time remote position.
Reporting to your respective department head you will be responsible for delivering technical packages of work that span the entire product development life cycle.
- You will be expected to apply technical principles to resolve problems and issues and through time, on the job experience and external training become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in your field.
- You will utilise SolidWorks to create accurate models of components and systems, utilising the built-in computational analysis (FEA and CFD) functionality to validate their effectiveness.
- You will use strong communication and organisational skills to co-ordinate project progress and timescales. Supporting when issues arise accordingly.
- Utilise your previous experience in manufacturing environments to resolve production issues and create accurate and user friendly production drawings and SOPs.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a positive, supportive and appreciative individual who can demonstrate excellent active listening skills alongside strong communication skills. Forming part of a team you will be comfortable to take ownership of your own workload and ensure that others are on top of theirs.
The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Preferably hold a mechanical engineering degree or alternatively be able to demonstrate extensive experience gained within the automotive or similar industries.
- Demonstrate strong capability with complex CAD (SolidWorks preferably) packaging systems modelling installations, mechanical, body and electrical systems.
- Understanding of engineering release and control procedures within highly regulated industries such as automotive
What's on Offer
Career progression and continued professional development as a mechanical design engineer. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed on a case by case basis.