Mechanical Design Engineer
Home based Mechanical Design Engineer.
Join an expanding and innovative business providing sustainable energy.
About Our Client
SEaB Power Ltd (t/a SEaB Energy) is a multi-award winning, international, innovative company providing sustainable energy from waste to Future Cities and established communities.
The company is headquartered in London, UK; with a distributed (remote working) team, and activities throughout the UK, Americas, Europe, and Asia. SEaB also has a US-based subsidiary in New York City.
Our mission is to develop and commercialise anaerobic digestion technologies to turn organic waste into energy exactly at the point where the waste is produced and the energy is required, disrupting the traditional food waste management with a solution that fits Future Cities concept and complies with the strictest environmental regulations. SEaB Energy's diverse multi-lingual and multinational team combines the engineering experience, academic background and entrepreneurial mindset to make the company's flagship products - FLEXIBUSTER™ and MUCKBUSTER® - a global success.
SEaB Energy has developed FLEXIBUSTER™ and MUCKBUSTER® as compact, easy to install, turnkey Anaerobic Digestion (AD) systems, housed within shipping containers. The systems are modular, easily configured, and scalable to convert food waste and other organic waste directly at the sites of waste producers into energy, fertiliser, and water.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify customer requirements.
- Design systems and products.
- Read/write design specifications and technical drawings.
- Research suitable solutions and estimate costs and timescales.
- Design prototypes of products using 3D and 2D design software.
- Generate complete mechanical design pack, including 3D model, drawings, bill of materials, engineering notes, etc.
- Working to British (BS), European (EN) ), North American, and other standards.
- Make proper use of Autodesk Vault version control system for storing drawings and files.
- Participate in HAZID, HAZOP and DSEAR efforts for new designs and changes to existing designs.
- Supporting mechanical assembly and manufacturing of equipment at our partner facilities in Europe and USA (plus other locations in future).
- Communicate courteously with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders by telephone, email and face to face.
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with stakeholders.
- Provide design input and feedback for R&D projects.
- Provide technical and operational support to colleagues, sales agents and clients during and after the sales process.
- Contribute to the preparation of grant proposals and tender request responses.
The Successful Applicant
- Mechanical Design Engineer in a similar environment.
- Bachelor/master's degree in mechanical engineering.
- Significant knowledge of using Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of safe design (within ATEX environment).
- Good project management skills.
- Knowledge of working within a compliance driven environment.
- Willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as needed (occasionally for extended periods).
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus company benefits.