Mechanical Design Engineer
Join a stable and secure business
Work on bespoke engineering projects
About Our Client
Michael Page are working with a leader in their field, who work closely with their clients to develop bespoke machines for a range of manufacturing applications.
They are offering a talented Mechanical Design Engineer the chance to join a supportive and highly capable design team and become an expert and develop into a leading design professional.
Reporting to the engineering manager, you will utilise your mechanical knowledge along with advanced AutoCAD 2D skills to support every stage of the design process.
The Mechanical Design Engineer's responsibilities will include:
- Taking detailed brief's from clients, sometimes visiting their premises to understand their requirements.
- Working collaboratively with your fellow designers to develop an appropriate solution
- Completing detailed engineering drawings in AutoCAD 2D for the clients approval
- Completing full production drawing packs using AutoCAD 2D
- Working closely (at a social distance) with the shop floor to resolve any issues during the building of the products.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful as the Mechanical Design Engineer you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent AutoCad expertise and evidence of regular usage over a period of time, preferably in present position.
- Formal educational qualifications in a mechanically biased subject
- Previous experience designing or detailing bespoke, capital equipment. Ideally manufacturing processing equipment for a fast paced industry
- Knowledge of SolidWorks would be advantageous, but training will be given
What's on Offer
In return you will work out of a safe and COVID secure design and manufacturing centre near Leeds. You will be supported as you learn the intricacies of the equipment and have the opportunity to become a senior design engineer in the future.