- Broad Design role including design from concept work.
- Join a rapidly growing design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is an innovative and rapidly growing engineering business in Hampshire who design and manufacture complex electromechanical products.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Based on design brief or customer requirement, produce concept designs.
- Carry out detail design for low-volume precision components and assemblies.
- Attend or chair design review meetings.
- Create & structure BoMs for manufacture.
- Carry out proof-of-concept experiments and prototype build.
- Maintain existing/legacy designs and carry out design modifications.
- Work with NPI engineering to develop processes and tooling.
- Identify and meet all compliance requirements.
- Identify & propose improvements to product design and build processes.
- Provide technical training and support to NPI and production personnel.
- Liaise with vendors to optimise design viability where necessary.
- Provide support to the Sales, Customer Support and Product Management functions in bid preparation.
The Successful Applicant
- Mechanical Design Engineer with exposure to similar complex electromechanical products.
- Degree or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline, or equivalent vocational training in a relevant industrial environment.
- Good knowledge in detailed design of machined parts and design for manufacture.
- Able to demonstrate original thinking and an innovative approach to problem solving, from top-level concept to piece-part design.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques appropriate to small batch production.H
- Strong 2D and 3D CAD system knowledge, ideally Solidworks.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £45,000 + attractive company benefits.