Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Secure sector and position with reputable organisation
Dayshift staff role, mechanically biased
About Our Client
The client are well known locally and nationally with a strong footing in their sector. Located in the County Durham area this role is commutable from Sunderland, Hartlepool, Darlington, Teesside, Consett and surrounding areas.
- Completion of effective planned preventive maintenance of equipment, tools and facilities, with an emphasis on breakdown prevention through the continual development of PPM procedures.
- Installation and/or modification of equipment as required.
- Root cause analysis of breakdowns and implementation of effective recurrence prevention plans.
- Work as part of an engineering maintenance team and collaborate with other departments, suppliers, contractors and manufacturers as required.
- Training and mentoring of apprentices.
- General maintenance of equipment across the whole site including planned, preventative and reactive.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician must have a full completed and relevant apprenticeship
- Competent carrying out duties on hydraulics, pneumatic, lathes etc.
- Fabrication background or exposure will beneficial for welding requirements
- Relevant sector background includes - FMCG and automated work environments
What's on Offer
Mon-Fri, day-shift, Mechanical Maintenance Technician staff role with paid OT available
Above market rate salary
County Durham location with favourable transport links