Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Early and backs shifts only
About Our Client
The client have an excellent national reputation and expanding their North East site. Located in the Newcastle upon Tyne area this role is commutable from Sunderland, Hartlepool, Durham, North Tyneside and surrounding areas.
- Completion of effective planned preventive maintenance of equipment, tools and facilities, with an emphasis on breakdown prevention through the continual development of PPM procedures.
- Installation and/or modification of equipment as required.
- Root cause analysis of breakdowns and implementation of effective recurrence prevention plans.
- Work as part of an engineering maintenance team and collaborate with other departments (mainly Process, Production and Electrical), suppliers, contractors and manufacturers as required.
- Training and mentoring of apprentices.
- Work with Production Planning to organise and complete scheduled maintenance with minimal interruption.
- Identify cost saving initiatives and areas for capital investment.
- General maintenance of equipment across the whole site including planned, preventative and reactive.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician must have a full completed and relevant apprenticeship
- Competent IT skills (Excel & Word)
- Competent carrying out duties on hydraulics, pneumatic, lathes etc.
- Relevant engineering sector background includes - FMCG and automated work environments
What's on Offer
Mechanical Maintenance Technician, staff role working across early/back 6-2/2-10 shift
Newcastle upon Tyne location