About Our Client
- To act as a media officer contact for all media enquires.
- To develop and maintain good relations with key media contacts across a Local and National level.
- To use internal relations and networks to identify and capitalise on positive publicity opportunities.
- To understand and pro-actively communicate key corporate objectives and direction.
- To act as a spokesperson for the organisation in both print and broadcast media where necessary.
- To write and distribute media features as part of a pro-active and planned programme of activity.
- To implement and manage when necessary the organisation's crisis procedures alongside the media manager.
- To provide professional advice and guidance on media issues to officers and members.
- To be responsible for the ongoing development, maintenance and editing of the news website in conjunction with the Media Manager.
- To check reports and other publicity material for media implications and advise accordingly.
- To attend and support all relevant internal and external committee/other meetings to give media related advice/act as a point of contact for media in attendance at meetings.
- To write and issue media releases, briefings, photo/AV material
The Successful Applicant
Experience working in a busy press office as part of a larger communication team
Strong media handling skills and able to work at a fast pace
Strong attention to detail and writing ability
What's on Offer