Media & PR Manager
Coventry based - 3 month contract with potential to extend
About Our Client
· Monitoring of key external social media feeds and responding appropriately on behalf of the organisation
· Be responsible for driving reactive social media content, particularly during issues management challenges
· Support the delivery of defined media and PR areas corporate and communications plans
· Develop and maintain relationships with online and traditional media across a range of audiences including trade, technical, consumer, national, regional and specialist press (eg public health)
· Develop and deliver key objectives on behalf of the organisation through engagement with the daily news agenda and stakeholder/industry activity on social media
· Liaise with social media team to ensure Media and PR delivery complements existing proactive scheduled work on social media channels
· Contribute to reviews of specific media and PR activities for sectors and recommend actions to enhance effectiveness where appropriate.
· Establish and maintain contact with the industry through participation in meetings/events/open days as required.
· Contribute to actions that foster a collaborative culture within the team and the corporate vision.
· Provide technical and tactical leadership for designated areas/audiences/topics.
· Contribute to PR and media activity to increase AHDB share of voice
The Successful Applicant
· Excellent understanding and application of social media skills , particularly in issues management
· Experience of working in a fast paced news environment
What's on Offer
3 months with the potential to extend