Media & PR Officer
3-6 month contract to start ASAP
About Our Client
1. To build and maintain regular contact with journalists across all platforms, including specialist press and bloggers, and with communications peers in relevant external organisations, and to work to maximise the value of these relationships through positive coverage of organisation's programmes, services, policies and events.
2. To use a range of appropriate methods - eg drafting news releases, features, picture captions, web copy, media briefings, liaising with journalists, identifying and supporting spokespeople, attending events as necessary in order to achieve maximum positive coverage for the organisation.
3. To deal with breaking news and reputation/crisis issues as part of routine media management
4. To work as part of a co-ordinated team to deliver a comprehensive news service 24 hours/365 days on a rota basis, including the production of a daily news briefing
5. To contribute to the regular and accurate monitoring of the impact of the service, including through collection and analysis of data
6. To work with officers in the wider unit (Campaign Communications, Design etc) to support marketing campaigns through public relations activity which maximises the value of campaigns in the Corporate Communications forward plan
The Successful Applicant
Strong writing skills and experienced with media handling.
Strong attention to detail and communication skills
What's on Offer