Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Cardiology
12 month Contract for MSL focussed on cardiovascular therapies
Field Based role with a territory covering Norfolk and Cambridgeshire
About Our Client
A global pharmaceutical brand with headquarters in London seeks a Medical Science Liaison to cover the Cambridgeshire region for cardiovascular medicine
**** THIS IS A 12 MONTH MATERNITY COVER CONTRACT STARTING MAY 2020 ****
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Cardiology play a vital role in initiating and maintaining an exchange of scientific information on a peer to peer basis with Clinical Thought Leaders. They are a technical and clinical expert on product, disease area and competitors. The Medical Science Liaison provides expert support to internal customers and external healthcare professionals, in a defined geographic area of the UK.
Accountability's / Measures:
As a Medical Science Liaison you will be the first point of contact for the sales professionals to gain answers to complex medical questions that require in depth medical knowledge,
You will maintain expertise in and knowledge of products, patient treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the disease area,
Develop and maintain contacts with thought leaders, in accordance with the strategy developed by the Company to gain insight into treatment patterns, the scientific activities taking place within the disease area and the needs of health care providers in the disease area,
Develop and contribute to scientific presentations (e.g., abstracts or articles based on secondary data) under the guidance of the Medical Science Liaison Manager and the Medical Advisor.
Participate actively in providing input to the Clinical Trials team on trial and survey feasibility and site suitability,
Fully understand and be compliant with company SOPs and the latest ABPI Code of Practice and code cases relevant to the role,
Perform all the above in an ethical and legally compliant manner.
The Successful Applicant
Technical/Professional Knowledge required for the position of Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Cardiology
- Experience of working in a similar MSL role ( clinical research or other role with strong evidence of leading healthcare professional interactions will be considered)
- Full driving licence and ability to travel across Cambridgeshire region (and to other locations within the UK when necessary)
- Proven experience of presenting complex scientific information to Healthcare Professionals at varying levels including thought leaders. Ideally this will be for Cardiovascular medicine.
- Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new therapy areas and environments.
- Working experience of the ABPI Code of Practice, relevant to the role
What's on Offer
On offer for the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Cardiology is contract starting in May 2020.
This role will look to pay a salary between £55,000 and £75,000 with applicants seeking the top end required to meet the full requirements of the position.
12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT located in Uxbridge
Industry: Pharmaceuticals/ Life Sciences/ Biotech/