Medical Territory Sales Manager
A unique role within Surgical Vision managing a territory of clinical clients
A Clinical Territory Manager delivering customer experience to improve sales
About Our Client
A medical / pharma company committed to doing good for the world. Blending Heart, Science and Ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
This division is a leading global optical company that develops life changing techniques for all ages. Providing eye surgeons and their patients with a complete solution that includes a range of advanced products and services developed to help people of all ages with sight defects. Offering market leading technique for laser surgery, equipment for cataract operations and intraocular lenses. Offering a program for education and support that help eye surgeons to master the full range of the technology.
- The key objective of this role will be to work alongside your manager to build territory plans and deliver the sales target within the identified geographic area, meeting all strategic and business objectives. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with your customers, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle
- Execute on key EMEA Marketing strategies to include the successful roll out of new products and innovations.
- Maintain and develop firm business and clinical relationships with strategically meaningful clinical and economic partners.
- Develop in depth understanding of the needs and objectives of customers on all levels - both non-clinical and clinical partners, in order to develop tailored solutions, which improve sales and sales potential for J&J Surgical Vision.
- Fully utilise the CRM to complete customer profile, competition profile, and market profile to facilitate account analysis which outlines opportunity to grow in respective accounts.
- Responsible to ensure local pricing is in-line with agreed national pricing strategies as well as ongoing management of tenders throughout their life cycle.
- Provide accurate sales forecast for the responsible territories to facilitate improved inventory management.
- Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of the NHS supply structure, its personnel and policy and monitors any changes that occur.
- Maintain knowledge of the Ophthalmology marketplace including competitor's products and strategies.
The Successful Applicant
- Based / have access to the East of England
- Desirable but not crucial: Degree level education in Scientific, Business, Life Science or Medical Areas.
- Medical sales experience of 3 years minimum,
- Experience with NHS secondary care and private hospitals is essential.
- Experience within the Ophthalmology industry would be an advantage.
- Proficient in English both verbal and written communication.
- Excellent listening skills. Ability to build positive relationships quickly.
- Have the capacity to gain in-depth product and procedure knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively with every level of the hospital hierarchy.
- Must be self-disciplined, organised, and be able to take ownership and responsibility for business objectives and your own time management
- Must be highly motivated and the desire to succeed in a demanding role.
- Proven, consistent track record in developing key customer relationships.
- Team player and entrepreneurial problem solver.
- Ability to positively influence thinking, behaviour and gain dedication.
- Trained to apply sophisticated Microsoft package skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and SalesForce CRM systems.
- Full & clean driving license
What's on Offer
It's important that you feel you can bring your whole self to work; this globally recognised Optical specialists can provide an environment for you to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. You will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life. Examples of this include online Digital GP, private healthcare, Retail Vouchers, Discounted & Subsidised Gym memberships and you can get to support community projects as part of our global Corporate Social Responsibility programme.