- responsible for maximising sales & profitability on buying area product range
- an opportunity to work with a leading milton keynes based retailer
About Our Client
A leading retailer based in Milton Keynes
The Merchandiser is responsible for maximising sales & profitability on buying area product range whilst minimising loss/markdowns. They will also be responsible for:
* End to end stock flow for relevant departments
* WSSI management/maintenance
* Drive stock turn and deliver business stock levels in line with budget. (Store/DC/Dockside)
* Range reviews alongside Buyers
* Support the building of a range plan alongside the buyer
* Suggesting sales driving activity to drive cash and reduce stock where appropriate.
* Improving availability to maximise sales and customer experience
* Manage suppliers ensuring a strong mutually beneficial relationship
* Constantly identifying and implementing Merchandising process improvements
* Liaising cross functionally to deliver the department plans.
* Clearance and Markdown plans in conjunction with buying.
* Stock analysis to drive stock health actions.
* Promotional/seasonal planning support
The Successful Applicant
- GSCE's/A Levels/Degree level
- Merchandising experience, preferably of a seasonal/perishable/showroom/big ticket purchase area.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong excel and Microsoft office skills
- Strong influencer
- Range building experience
What's on Offer
£40000 salary with company benefits
Potential stretch to £45000 for the perfect candidate