Mixed Tax Manager
Fantastic opportunity to join a growing and thriving Tax team.
Become an integral member of the team with development and progression on offer.
About Our Client
A leading practice based in Cardiff undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Mixed Tax Manager role provides genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and, Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Mixed Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Managing the tax team and the delivery of a quality compliance service across personal tax and corporate tax compliance;
- You will focus on delivering wide-ranging tax advice to the firms clients, with a very mixed role across both personal and corporate tax;
- You will work on wide-ranging tax planning and advisory work with examples across capital tax planning, IHT, trusts, wills, property-related tax advice and tax implications and planning for succession for example;
- Significant involvement in corporate tax related work as well with the potential for involvement in mergers, sales and acquisitions tax advice, company reorganisations, R&D and other areas of corporate tax planning;
- You will look to grow and develop the firm's tax department, managing the team;
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work;
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of the Client Services Department;
- Researching, analysing and interpreting of changing tax legislation in relation to their services;
- HMRC enquiry work / Tax Tribunal;
- Drafting of relevant documentation for correct implementation of their product; and
- Assisting the Business Tax Team during significant transactions, such as the disposal/acquisition of UK entities/assets.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Mixed Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- You will be any of ATT/CTA/ACA/ACCA qualified with a career background in tax compliance and advisory/planning tax, gained within an accounting firm, or tax boutique firm of any size;
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is favourable;
- Able to prioritise and manage workload effectively;
- Technical skillset based around consistent CTA training pathways and with quick progression with continual client-facing experience;
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning;
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, rollover relief and gift relief;
- Ideally, you will bring a mixed tax technical skills across both personal and corporate tax advice, but a strong Tax Advisory background;
- You may also bring a wider accountancy/mixed general practice background within your career, or equally may have focused entirely within the taxation sector throughout your career; and
- You will have developed your career to at least Manager levels and be looking for the right career move where you can lead and develop a growing tax team and department.
What's on Offer
Fantastic office location;
Well-established, supportive team; and
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further career such as Partner opportunities.