Multi Skilled Engineer
Growing manufacturing organisation
Opportunity to progress
About Our Client
My client is a growing manufacturing organisation based in Crewe
- Identify health and safety risks and ensure that the plant and equipment is maintained in a safe working order and that safe working practices are followed at all times.
- Inform the Engineering Supervisor/Production Supervisor of any relevant issues in relation to quality, safety and maintenance.
- To work in a professional manner, complying at all times with company policy on safety, hygiene and housekeeping.
- To monitor the performance of the plant and equipment and to carry out adjustments and maintenance to ensure the agreed quality and efficiency standards are achieved.
- To carry out maintenance work on plant and equipment with regards to improving reliability, downtime and machine induced quality problems. This will include all mechanical and electrical work.
- To accurately complete all associated maintenance documentation and submit to the appropriate person.
- Identify/rectify all aspects of machine faults (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic)
- To attend machine breakdowns in a timely manner and in conjunction with Production Supervisor/Production Manager ensure work is prioritised to keep machine down time to a minimum.
- Assist with the installation/implementation of machine improvements and projects.
- Be available for over-time and call-outs when required.
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time as directed by the Engineering Supervisor/Technical Manager.
The Successful Applicant
Time served maintenance engineer within a manufacturing environment
Ideally electrically biased with sound mechanical knowledge
What's on Offer
£35,000 on a shift basis