The client is a blue-chip manufacturer in Huddersfield
The Multi-Skilled Engineer will have a succession plan and chance to progress
About Our Client
The client is an international blue-chip manufacturer based in Huddersfield.
The Multi-Skilled Engineer (electrically biased) will operate on a 3 shift pattern to:
- Carry out frequency based planned routine maintenance to required standards across all areas of the site and rectify any issues found.
- Diagnose breakdown causes and repair efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out equipment installations as required to current organisational and regulatory standards, and be involved in or familiar with any project plans for the installation of new equipment.
- Modify and improve equipment, plant and processes.
- Calibrate instrumentation including weighing systems, flow control, level indicators etc.
- Support and contribute to the development of safe systems of work ensuring that Company health and safety standards are followed and safe working practices are always adopted.
- Provide technical advice, training support and information to departmental managers, supervisors, staff and external contractors relating to electrical/mechanical systems and equipment
- Carry out effective housekeeping of workshop, pump bay, stores and plant areas affected by maintenance activities.
- Be proactive in any business process improvement initiatives and be aware of equipment performance trends such as efficiency, quality and waste.
- Take full responsibility for the quality of information recorded in the shift log and ensure the information is communicated to appropriate colleagues at shift change.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Multi-Skilled Engineer will:
- Have recognised electrical/mechanical apprenticeship and recognised multi-skilled qualification.
- Have relevant electrical/mechanical engineering experience within a Manufacturing environment.
- Be electrically biased.
What's on Offer
The Multi-Skilled Engineer will work for an international blue-chip manufacturer based in Huddersfield and have the chance to progress within the engineering team.