Fast growing manufacturing company
Striving to be best in class
About Our Client
Well known FMCG business with an almost new manufacturing site in North London and another in Central London, this role is based at their Enfield site.
The main responsibilities of the Multi-Skilled Engineer are:
- Comply with health, safety, hygiene and 5S standards policies and practices at all times and ensure standards are maintained.
- Review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and learning documents to share best practices across shifts.
- Review safety and maintenance procedures (SWI).
- Develop and maintain a high performance, flexible and "can do" culture
- Attend and participate in daily meetings as a key team member
- Comply with all statutory and legal requirements and with appropriate packaging, quality and food hygiene safety regulations as defined by policy or legislation e.g. HACCP
- Undertake activities to support the department in achieving KPI targets
- Complete PPM's and reactive tasks in a diligent way.
- Complete the required CMMS system reporting for all work.
- Undertake, drive and support improvement activities to ensure the department meets all of its KPIs (Key Performance Indicators),
- Undertake training for new skills and tasks in line with Personal Development Plans and as requested by Management
- Comply with all documentation and system transaction requirements to operate and improve performance in the department
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Multi-Skilled Engineer will have experience with:
- Engineering competence, both experience and qualifications that would satisfy the requirements for professional registration as an engineering technician (Eng Tech) as defined by the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC).
- Qualification (ONC, C&G, BTEC/NVQ L3, degree or equivalent) in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Both mechanical and electrical engineering competence and qualifications. If only mechanically trained, then you must be able to demonstrate competency in electrical engineering either by a conversion course (mechanical to electrical) or equivalent learning.
- Positive "can do" attitude and take pride in the work they are completing
- Proven fault finding and maintenance of high speed production equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing principles, tools and techniques
- Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills.
- Committed to a high performance and Continuous Improvement (CI) environment.
- Analysis of numerical information & good IT literacy.
- Strong organisation skills with a structured and systematic approach, adhering to deadlines, able to work on own initiative and prioritise workload effectively.
- High levels of team working
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package
Panama shift, 12 hours, days and nights