Multi Skilled Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineer
Exciting start-up manufacturing business
About Our Client
At Butternut, the mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, they need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as they do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why they have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way they see it, they wouldn't serve food to dogs that they wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. At Butternut, they believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (co-founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and they are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
Are you up for the challenge?
Butternut's 150,000 square ft purpose-built manufacturing kitchen will rely heavily on fault finding and problem-solving on a broad range of equipment and situations.
As part of the role, you will:
- Be the first point of contact to diagnose and fix plant and site services reliability and breakdown issues escalated from a shift, across the entire factory whilst on duty
- Provide final port of call for line operatives in diagnosing reasons for the plant not running to standard operating conditions as the highest technical skill within day to day operation the kitchen
- Support in the root cause analysis of any quality or safety related issues
- Provide technical management of shift, responsible for the safe and efficient running of all equipment
- Drive the CI plan for your area of ownership working alongside the days-based Engineering Team
- Be a member of the shift management team, providing shift leadership for day to day running of the factory, shift operation meetings, coaching and support for line associates and plant emergency technical support
The Successful Applicant
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
- Strong engineering background including completion of a recognised apprenticeship
- Qualified to HNC level in an Engineering discipline
- 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Competent PLC Programming Experience in Modern System e.g. Allen Bradley
- P.C literate.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an Engineering or Technician Role
- Easily approachable with good interpersonal skills, creative thinking and analytical skills
What's on Offer
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
A few things to note
- Applications will be forwarded to our exclusive recruitment partner at Michael Page.
- The interview process will be in three stages; video interview with recruitment consultant, video interview with hiring manager, face to face interview with hiring manager and senior leadership team.
- Butternut Box supports equal opportunity and inclusion in the workplace and welcome all applicants.
- We aim to respond to all applicants with feedback on their application within two weeks.