- The business is a successful food manufacturer in Wakefield
- The Electrical Engineer will lead programmable controls and help maintenance
About Our Client
The client is a successful food manufacturer in Wakefield who are looking to invest in the engineering team and pro-active maintenance to make the plant even more efficient.
The Electrical Engineer will work days Mon-Fri but be expected to cover any maintenance shifts when needed. The successful candidate will be respsonsible for controls, programmable systems, HMI's and also general maintenance. They will be expected to:
- Apply knowledge, training and documentation in a logical systematic approach to troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and resolve the root cause.
- To ensure all preventative maintenance schedules are completed in a timely manner.
- Complete assigned workload and follow-up documentation as required. Escalating and managing issues in a timely manner.
- To ensure all breakdowns are dealt with in an efficient manner through liaison with the Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Manager and Production Supervisors.
- Use initiative and prioritise workload to make sound decisions as required and take ownership of problems and issues to which you are assigned
- To continuously assess plant and ensure its most efficient running.
- To complete all required administration as dictated by the role and to achieve targeted outputs specific to your role.
- Conduct risk assessment on all processes and tasks, implement countermeasures and mitigation plans to address identified risks.
- Ensuring capabilities and capacities are in place to deliver on all engineering commitments and performance targets.
- Proactive approach to all programmable controls on site ensuring all systems are backed up, highlighting improvements and leading the teams with training and support.
- Determine priorities to ensure that all business objectives are achieved.
- Ensuring team members are trained to company standards and the need for refresher training is identified, and actioned where appropriate.
- Create innovative solutions to business needs and oversee their implementation working to set budgets.
- Ensure all project work is realistically scheduled, planned, budgeted and implemented.
- Supervise external contractors and internal engineers through the department to ensure maintenance tasks are successful and Projects are delivered.
- Continuously improve standards through the delivery of CI projects.
- The ability to identify and deliver improvements.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment.
- Monitor & Improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Deliver practical problem solving activities that improve business metrics.
- Projects delivered on budget or under.
- Maintaining buildings and services for both Head Office and Wakefield Plant.
- Delivering on Key Performance Indicators for Engineering Standards
The Successful Applicant
The successful Electrical Engineer:
- Apprentice trained Electrical Engineer with Mechanical & Electronic experience
- Excellent PLC, HMI and programmable systems knowledge
- 17th / 18th Edition qualification
- Experience and knowledge of delivering CI activities.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Tools
- Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
- Able to meet deadlines, deliver KPIs and successfully manage multiple projects
- FMCG knowledge desired but not necessary.
What's on Offer
The Electrical Engineer will be offered a very competitive salary package and will join a successful and growing food manufacturer in Wakefield. The Engineer will work days Mon-Fri but also cover shifts when needed.