- A superb NAM opportunity to 'own' key Discounters for a world foods distributor
- An opportunity for a NAM to head up a portfolio of Discounter customers
About Our Client
One of the UK's leading food importers, distributors & brand builders of food and drink brands from around the world.
Represents 90 brands across 10 categories with an extensive portfolio of products.
Based in West London, offering a seamless services to UK retailers, delivering nationwide and to a fast-growing distribution network in Europe.
A growing passion and knowledge of UK's grocery and speciality food sectors!
Forecast by the IGD to remain the fastest growing retail channel, the UK discounters are a strategically important focus. The role provides the right candidate the opportunity to manage and further develop our UK Discounter customers as a crucial part of our Strategic 3 year growth ambition to take the company from £35 to £50m
Customer responsibility includes B&M, Farmfoods, Iceland, Home Bargains, Poundland and Heron Foods. The role will also take responsibility for developing our relationships with all other National/Regional Discounters including Boyes, Fultons, The Range, The Yorkshire Trading Company etc.
The Account Manager should have a proven track record of developing and growing business with UK Discounters. Previous experience of B&M, Home Bargains, Iceland is essential as are proven delivery of new listings, distribution and profitable sales growth.
With strong selling and negotiation skills the candidate will need to demonstrate strong commercial acumen and the ability to create compelling sell proposals, negotiate price and manage all spend in order to maximise ROI.
In addition to growing and developing the existing business, a key aspect of the role is to unlock new listings and distribution in all 6 accounts so is suited to a "hunter" as opposed to a purely "farmer" mindset and someone high in drive, tenacity, resilience and ambition.
Strong commercial capability, excellent attention to detail, good analytical skills and the ability to manage complexity are all critical, as are high levels of personal ownership and accountability.
The Successful Applicant
This is an exciting role with plenty of autonomy and an opportunity to make a real impact in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Experience in managing & growing business with UK Discounters.
- Strong commercial acumen and high business awareness.
- A proven track record delivering results ahead of expectations.
- Experience and ability to sell, negotiate and make things happen.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, work collaboratively with customers.
- Ability to think big, act fast, find a solution and work autonomously.
- Excellent organisational skills, being able to work on multiple projects at the same time, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial enterprise mindset that adds value to the wider business beyond the Sales function - a true team player who gets on with most people.
- A network of useful contacts across key customers and a desire to develop this network.
- Experience of portfolio business working across multiple brands & large product ranges.
- A positive "can-do" attitude and a desire to be part of a successful team.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with frequent change.
- A genuine interest in and knowledge of food.
Office based in W. London (min 2-3 days a week)
Requirement for UK Travel to customer Head Offices/Stores.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + packageTo work for a small, friendly company without the constraints of a large corporation. Encouraging people to be flexible, to contribute to the company as a whole and to take advantage of the opportunity to learn about other areas of the business.