- Global non food FMCG business
- Managing a tier 1 account
About Our Client
As a global supplier of non food consumer goods, the business boast a huge portfolio of products sold under private label across grocery and high street retailers. They are the market leaders in their space and are known for their value, quality and service.
The business promote a fantastic working culture by regularly promoting from within, offering a flexible working environment and attracting some of the best talent in the FMCG industry.
They are now looking to hire a National Account Manager.
As National Account Manager, you will take full P&L responsibility for the Morrisons account which is a tier 1 account within the business.
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of budgeted customer Volume, NSV, and CGP for the Financial Year for relevant Customer/s
- Continual evaluation of customer product mix to drive improved profitability (PPU) incorporating initiatives from marketing such as complexity reduction and cost of product recommendations
- Responsibility for managing product cost prices to maximise contribution including the implementation of cost increases when required
- Development and ongoing management of customer joint business plans where relevant, ensuring that these are aligned to business priorities
- Taking the lead with buyers to secure the optimum distribution level & fixture space for all supplied products (focussing specifically on the biggest & most profitable skus)
- Management of customer relationships across multiple departments (commercial, technical, product development) to optimise results in a complex matrix structure
- Effectively manage & resolve all customer pricing queries directly with the customer to ensure a healthy balance sheet and minimise financial losses
- Ensuring forecast accuracy is in line with account targets and working collaboratively with the demand planner to implement necessary changes, leading to a volume forecast that supports delivery of CSL & stock targets and informs the businesses financial planning cycle
- To be the customer expert internally, championing the accounts strategy and ensuring this information is effectively cascaded throughout both the immediate customer team and the wider organisation to maximise the development of the customer relationship.
The Successful Applicant
We are very open on the requirements for this fantastic opportunity.
Whether you are a seasoned NAM, or currently working in a junior sales role within FMCG, we would encourage you to apply as the business are flexible and have the time to support and mentor those that aren't quite at this level yet.
The only requirement is you must be working in the consumer goods industry, and either directly manage or support on either grocery, convenience or highstreet account(s).
What's on Offer
Up to £45,000 + company car, bonus + benefits.
You must be willing to do a 50% office/work from home split, and therefore be commutable to Manchester.