- Leading UK Food Distribution Business
- Interim & Permanent Position Available
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have been exclusively retained by a leading FMCG / Food UK distributor in their search for a National Stock and Inventory Manager. Working for one of the faster growing businesses in the UK right now, this role will be responsible for 8 distribution centres across the UK, leading a well skilled and highly capable stock management team in achieving operational excellence.
The newly created role, initially on an interim basis of National Stock and Inventory Manager is now a business critical role in appointing during the Q1 2022 period to help capitalise on their ambitious growth plans.
This role will be based for the UK NDC in the East Midlands for 3 days per week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Direct line management of 4 Inventory Managers / Controllers based from each individual site along with the inventory team.
- Accountable for inventory control across all of the businesses operational functions - 8 DC's within Warehousing & Logistics.
- Design and implement daily, weekly and monthly action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy and service to support in delivering a world class operation - also with the ability to upscale very quickly in order to service increased demand along with additional DC's in the near future.
- To develop and deliver the inventory strategy, standardise and implement robust processes, and be responsible for ensuring all inventory policies and practices are adhered to and adopted throughout the organisation.
- Be responsible for rolling out a PI Audit programme throughout the network.
- Ensure best practice within all site inventory teams; through the implementation of new ways of working, robust SOP's.
- Develop routines and procedures that contribute to maintaining accurate stock files.
- Undertake Root cause and trend analysis, then proactively educate the inventory and operational teams on issues that arise which could have been solved at source.
- Conduct detailed audits of all inventory functions across the network.
- Actively manage the teams activity through direct reports and also their development; which includes being responsible for performance reviews, coaching and development, lead a high performing team and support succession plans.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the National Stock and Inventory Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Previous exposure to managing inventory holdings within complex multi-site / regional / national operations.
- Previous experience within Food / FMCG / Pharmaceutical / Temperature controlled stock holding would be highly advantageous.
- A minimum of 5+ years inventory experience.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience of people management.
- Past experience in delivering inventory process standardisation and improvements.
- A proven ability to operate at pace along with accepting an ever changing business landscape.
- A strong influencer across a range of key stakeholders, peers groups and larger operational teams.
- Be commercially minded and results driven.
- A competent user of Microsoft packages including Excel & WMS systems along with knowledge of Microsoft D365.
- Commutable to the East Midlands region.
What's on Offer
This position offers:
- Salary - £60,000 to £70,000 / Day Rate also available
- Company Car / Car allowance.
- Plus additional company benefits.