NED Chair of the Audit Committee
NED role for Global Emerging Markets Bank
Chair of Audit Committee
About Our Client
A niche global emerging markets banks authorised by the PRA and regulated by the PRA and the FCA. The UK Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Parent which is a leading private sector Bank.
As Chair of the Audit Committee you will be;
- Attending and contributing to Board and Board Committee meetings and discussions
- Providing leadership to the company and setting the company's strategic aims
- Taking part in collective Board and Board Committee decisions, including voting and providing input and challenge;
- Complementing the skills and experience of the Executive Management, bringing a different range of knowledge, experience and insight to the bank
- Constructively challenging and helping develop proposals on strategy;
- Scrutinising the performance of management in meeting agreed goals and objectives;
- Satisfying the integrity of financial information, as well as financial controls, systems of risk management ensuring they robust and defensible;
- Providing objective views on resources, appointments and standards of conduct and being involved in succession planning.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Chartered accountant
- Have experience of UK financial services/ banking audit within the accountancy profession
- Familiar with the PRA/FCA, its regulatory framework and reporting requirements.
- Have strong relationships with regulator.
- Board level experience in an executive and/or non-executive capacity desirable
- Independent and objective, able to combine effective challenge and support for the Board and Executive team.
- Considerable experience gained within international businesses, especially those linked to emerging markets;
- Understand and appreciates the importance of corporate governance frameworks.
- High level of integrity.
- Ambition and enthusiasm for the Bank's success.
What's on Offer
A very exciting opportunity to join an Emerging Markets bank at a time where the banks strategy is changing and the opportunity to be part of the ongoing success of the bank is evident.