- Network Engineer - 4 month contract - £300 per day
- Opportunity to work a well renowned organisation
About Our Client
A leading governmental services client
- To assist Line Manager in the effective day-to-day management of the data (and voice) networks.
- Provide technical resources for infrastructure and application projects as defined through the Project Office.
- To assist in the design, delivery and maintenance of the core network infrastructure that underpins operational services managed within IT Infrastructure & Operations. Ensuring tasks and incidents are prioritised and resolved in accordance with business requirements.
- Provide support to the 2nd level operational support teams for the resolution of complex 3rd level support incidents.
- Undertake root cause analysis of reported faults, design and implement fixes to problems.
- Ensure that system builds are consistent and manageable, implementing and utilising proactive monitoring tools, where possible.
- Document technical 'fixes' and ensure the knowledge base is updated.
- Compile and prepare periodic status, performance, and trend reports for management's review.
- Secure the network infrastructure in line with security policies and practices ensuring that adequate and robust security measures are designed, implemented, and updated based on Corporate Standards.
The Successful Applicant
- Up to date and relevant Cisco qualifications
- Understanding of ITIL Service & Support processes
- Working knowledge of the latest and emerging networking technologies
- In-depth hands-on technical knowledge of:
- SD WAN / MPLS
- Direct Connects
- Security Gateway Services (e.g. Internet Proxy)
- Multi-vendor Firewalls
- VPN Connectivity
What's on Offer
This is a 4 month contract based in Northamptonshire (with an opportunity to work from home), and paying upto £350 per day. if interested, then please replay back with an updated CV