- Cisco ACI, APICs and Nexus switches, Cisco IOS Routers & Switches
- Network management tools like SolarWinds and SNMP
About Our Client
My client is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform their technology functions. They work alongside many FTSE 100,250, and Fortune 500 companies, engaging in both short and long term projects.
They are trusted by their clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations.
Network Engineer - Technology Consultancy - Remote workingThis role sits in the established Network Operations Centre working with a team of L3 engineers developing towards Architect/SME status. You'll be supported by an additional tier of level 3/4th line support from an extended team remotely located within the UK. Additionally, (following a period of acclimatisation) you will be involved in internal and vendor technical bridges, and be expected to work independently, or as part of a wider team of people.
The role:· L3 Network support.
· Network incident diagnostics/resolution
· Network change implementation via requests made via ITSM
· Over time network changes will be made via scripted changes which you will help to write
· Integrate within the established team
· Demonstrate a strong 'can do' attitude and willingness to progress
· Support & training will be provided to ensure further development
The Successful Applicant
Network Engineer - Technology Consultancy - Remote workingDesired experience:· Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
· Experience within IT and networking field
· Networking hands on experience with:
* Cisco ACI, APICs and Nexus switches
* Cisco IOS Routers
* Cisco IOS Switches
* Wi-Fi technologies including Cisco WLC
* Switching protocols like Spanning-Tree (RSTP, MST, PVST), Trunking, VTP, ether-channels and CDP
* Enterprise and service provider routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
* Network management tools like SolarWinds and SNMP.
Load Balancer hands-on experience:
* F5 appliances including load balancers. Global Traffic Manager (GTM DNS) and iRules
What's on Offer
Network Engineer - Technology Consultancy - Remote working
Highlands or can be based remotelyWorking flexiblyOur client is aiming to create an environment where people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows them to be agile in how they deliver to their clients and by offering more freedom in where and how their people work, contributes to a better employee experience.All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and the business.