- Network Engineer - Dell/Cisco background required
- Network Engineer - progression route on offer
About Our Client
My client is a well recognised South Wales brand based near Newport.
- Managing network hardware
- Configuration of routers/switches for existing environment and new environments
- Pro-actively seek to improve efficiencies in all operational areas
- Work alongside the Network Architect Manager on technical changes and implementations to the infrastructure of end user clients
- Provide an On-Call function (on a 24/7/365 rota basis) to support the business needs outside of office hours, this consists of dealing with any individual user as well as major incident management
- Assist supporting all infrastructure and corporate applications
- Create and maintain network infrastructure documentation
- Take ownership of the network and security solutions providing technical backup to the IT management.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience as a Network Engineer
- Experience of Dell/Cisco based technology - routers, switches and networks and experience configuring and setting up Firewalls and security appliances
- Working knowledge of VoIP systems
- Knowledge in IPv4 / IPv6 addressing and routing
- Networking Security (ACLs, management access, firewall policies), SIP Trunking, Enterprise Wi-Fi (Ruckus).
- Ability to troubleshoot complex LAN infrastructure
- Knowledge of Active Directory, VMWare Technology and Microsoft Operating systems
- CCNA certified - CISCO CCNP Routing & Switching (desirable)
What's on Offer
£34,000-£36,000 + £3,000 on call allowance + additional benefits