Network Engineer - £35,000-£45,000 per annum - West Yorkshire
Work within a project focused environment supporting a leading retail business.
About Our Client
Join one of the UK's leading sports retailers as a key member of their networks team to help with maintaining computer networks and systems including software, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware alongside installing and configuring network equipment to update or patch.
What you'll be doing..
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining computer networks and systems including software, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware
- Installing and configuring network equipment to update or patch.
- Fix hardware or software issues.
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for computer systems and networks
- Communicating networking issues to other employees and management, especially in training new users
- Fixing software and hardware configuration issues for users on-demand or from inspection of the systems
- Project planning to advance networking solutions
The Successful Applicant
Your skills and experience..
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience with networking
- Knowledge of networking services and networking protocols
- Computer proficiency and understanding of various types of hardware
- Ability to problem solve problems and think critically
- High quality documentation skills
- Team working skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Project management skills
Advantageous / Nice to have:
- Basic Cisco IOS/ASA knowledge beneficial or qualifications (i.e. CCNA)
- Comfortable with virtualisation technology, particularly Citrix Xenserver
- Understanding of development processes, capistrano, software release procedures
- Linux skills (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Ad-hoc MySQL based reporting
- Experience of Puppet advantageous
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum