- CCIE, CISM, CRISC, PCNSE, Palo Alto
- Infrastructure security architectures, solutions, processes, frameworks
About Our Client
My client is a leading science-based agtech company.
Network Security Architect - Agricultural ResearchYou will be accountable for:
- Providing the most senior level support for network security design and on occasion operations.
- Being the resident expert in Palo Alto environment as well as be knowable with other competing vendors.
- Designing and developing network security and connectivity components such as IDPS, content inspection, and authentication/authorisation systems for Zero Trust Network Access
- The definition of a high-level target network security architecture which offers the best solution for risk mitigation, performance, economics, and customer experience.
- Liaising with information security, the legal and compliance team, and IT asset owners to identify information artefacts in scope of specific network security requirements
- Supporting the risk process in identifying, categorising, and managing cybersecurity and operational risks throughout the IT network security delivery.
- Ensuring strategy and architecture is executed via the appropriate solution delivery teams and overseeing it through to ensure that business benefit is realised.
- Technical architectural governance of network security architecture from end devices (servers, hosts, user equipment etc.) extending to all the transport network touch points.
- Reporting to the wider security governance team within the Security steering committee to ensure parity of the security posture, within the end-to-end enterprise-wide landscape.
- New technology awareness, evaluation, and selection. Lead and take part in trials of innovative technology, based on strategic needs.
- To take part in the definition of the Strategy for network security. This includes justification through analysis, proof of concept, business case, interactions with Transport and Security Design, etc.
- To challenge and gain support from the business for the network security strategy, adapting with future company aspirations, security obligations, and new services.
- Cross functional engagement & communication:
- Engagement with key stakeholders across the business to understand requirements, analyse and translate into technical network security requirements.
- Development of new vendor relationships.
- Interfacing into relevant teams to define security road maps for an organisation
The Successful Applicant
Network Security Architect - Agricultural ResearchEssential skills & experience:
- Proven experience within the network security field.
- Demonstrate experience providing senior level support for firewall products, ideally Palo Alto (physical and virtual).
- Strong understanding of infrastructure security architectures, solutions, processes, frameworks, and components.
- Experience in implementation of network and endpoint security solutions, developing security policies, and governance strategies.
- Excellent overall understanding of IP and security within a large IT enterprise environment.
- Experience of identifying and managing technology security risk.
- Up-to-date knowledge of future IP and network security technologies, equipment, and their benefits.
- Ability to know when to implement solutions with consideration to the wider impacts i.e. risk, cost, customer impact, timescales, etc.
- Widespread knowledge of different IP and network security vendors and solutions, and managed services.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of fixed/mobile and data center networks, the security threat landscape and relevant security mitigations.
- Experience of defining network security architectural principles and policy; and governing their implementation (particularly zoning policy within IT network transport environments).
- Significant experience of operating in a Governance and Architecture role; or a Design role having end-to-end responsibility and spanning multiple technology domains.
- Ability to steer solutions based on the overall architecture without dictating the detailed design delivery.
- Experience of working in a technology-based role and interfacing to a varied number of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to simplify analysis and present results clearly at all levels of the business - including at senior management team level.
- Strategic and architectural knowledge of networking technologies.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Relevant industry certifications in IP networking and security (i.e. CCIE, CISM, CRISC, PCNSE)
- Public Cloud networks solution experience.
- Vendor management experience.
- Network security knowledge including GDPR and privacy obligations; and experience within Telco specific regulatory and legislative environments.
What's on Offer
Network Security Architect - Agricultural Research
Science and Research
Offering a competitive package within a environment fostering personal and professional development
Up to 31.5 days holiday.