- Fantastic permanent opportunity with a great employeer.
- Must have Checkpoint & Cisco expereince.
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading Logistics business. Looking to hire a Network Engineer to operate across the South West with occasional travel to head office in Chippenham.
The Network & Security Engineer role requires someone with experience in a busy support area and has strong knowledge of Cisco networking and other associated technologies plus the accompanying disciplines. The individual will be required to work within a specialist support team to handle both reactive work caused by problems of varying degrees of critically and the proactive work required to enhance ability to achieve SLA's.
- Design, Configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN/Voice/Security equipment and related services. This includes Firewall, Wi-Fi and switch technologies
- Checkpoint firewall experience is essential
- Support all end to end network and voice infrastructure across the business Ensuing that all assigned incidents and requests are managed within agreed SLA's.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve network and security incidents and problems
- Deliver IT based technical projects as well as Business led projects
- Interface professionally with internal and external clients
- Assist in preparation of proposals and solution presentations
- Engage in the daily operational management of service providers
- Provide Technical Escalation point for complex problems
- BAU Adds/Moves/Changes to the Data Network and Security Estate
- Update and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Pro-active housekeeping and management of the portfolio
- Performance, capacity monitoring and event management of network infrastructure components.
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of network configuration items.
- Maintaining Hardware & Software platforms at optimum performance.
- Provide advice and consultancy within the area of networks, voice and security and associated technologies, acting as the subject matter expert within the business.
- Provide technical reports and proposals as required by Management and Customers within stated deadlines.
- Perform on site audits of equipment, documenting findings, improvements and risks.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Onsite customer troubleshooting as required
- Ordering of new network / voice equipment and Links
The Successful Applicant
- Working knowledge of Voice & Network Routing, Switching and Resiliency protocols that includes abut are not limited to H323, TDM, DPNSS. DASS2, ISDN30, RIP, OSPF, Layer 2/3, STP, MLT, SMLT, HSRP & BGP
- Working knowledge of Security technologies such as IDS, IPS, VPN's, and firewall policy management
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
- Working knowledge of MPLS technologies, DNS/DHCP and Network Management
- Practical experience of vendor technologies including, but not limited to Checkpoint firewall, Cisco Catalyst/Nexus, Meraki.
- CCNA certified or minimum 3 years equivalent experience working with Voice, Data and Security Technologies
- Contact Centre design - Multi-Channel, IVR, NIVR, Network Plans, Geographic and non-geographic number management and DMA regulatory guidelines
- Experienced in managing Telco's, Service Providers such as 3rd party maintenance providers
- Proficient in troubleshooting methodologies
- Experience of working in project environments and delivering work packages
- Proficient in document production
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Good Communication & Collaborative skills
- Proficient at time management and prioritisation
- Self-Motivated and conscientious
- Proven ability to nurture and mentor peers
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to articulate ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail with ability to make sound and logical judgements.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ensures personal technical skills are maintained to support the ever-changing IT world.
- Ability to self-learn new technologies with a can-do attitude
- Ability to challenge themselves and the work they do to ensure he right work load is in the right place. Automate / simplify / standardise where appropriate
What's on Offer
The Network & Security Engineer is offering:
Salary £37,000 - £45,000
25 days holiday + bank holidays (option to buy more)
Private Health care
Flexible working (hybrid between office in Chippenham and working from home)