Nights Transport Manager
Nights Transport Operation
About Our Client
My client are looking to appoint a Nights Transport Manager for their flagship distribution operation in Wakefield. A leading 3PL, the role offers exceptional development opportunities in their already well established site.
- Report to the General Manager.
- Responsible for the Nights Transport Operation from site.
- Responsible for a team of 60+ drivers.
- Fully accountable for the nights transport function.
- Accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times during the nights operation.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators.
- Be commutable to Wakefield.
The Successful Applicant
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified (Essential)
- 5+ Years Transport experience at either a Shift Manager or Manager level. (Ideally in a Nights Transport Manager position).
- Have managed in excess of 50 drivers previously.
- Experienced in managing across multiple sites.
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers hours and WTD's.
- Experienced within both bulk and multi-drop environments and operations.
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal
What's on Offer
- Basic salary of £40,000 - £45,000.
- Exceptional Development Opportunities.
- Holiday Allowance.
- Pension Contribution.