- Build a new Product
- Remote working
About Our Client
A leading EdTech client is creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
They are now undergoing an exciting transformation within thier Product Development and are seeking Software Engineers to join them on the next phase of their journey. Working with Product teams, Engineers will be given the autonomy and purpose to develop solutions to challenging business problems rapidly delivering value to teachers and schools around the globe.
You will be joining an evolving agile team that includes Scrum Masters, Product Managers, QA's, and fellow Engineers. Working alongside the Platform team and your Scrum team you will deploy your code to all environments and release it to customers. You will be working in a team that actively encourages openness and respect of one another. You will work alongside your team using transparent processes to inspect, adapt and continuously learn and improve.
Their platform is composed predominantly of Node and React micro-services. They run in Docker containers (orchestrated with Kubernetes) in AWS (Amazon Web Services), alongside core CMS built in Drupal. They follow a micro-services architectural approach with a bias towards slightly larger services focused on domain-specific functionality.
They have over 200 services running in their live environment maintained by several small but highly effective teams. They have a variety of supporting technologies including MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and Redis. We use ReactNative for their mobile apps.
Key role responsibilities:
* Work within a Scrum Team to deliver agreed functionality fit for release throughout each sprint cycle.
* Actively participate in scrum events and workshops, including sprint planning and retrospectives.
* Work alongside other Engineers and Heads of Product Development to contribute
Architecture and Engineering culture.
* Work within a BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) approach to ensure solutions are robust and technically fit for purpose.
* Bringing in innovative ideas on technology and process to improve the product and delivery.
The Successful Applicant
* Experience of working within a team following Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum).
* Preferably experience using Node frameworks such as Express.
* An understanding of design patterns, asynchronous programming, queuing, and caching.
* A working knowledge of some or all the following frontend technologies: HTML, CSS, React and
Webpack or similar.
* A working knowledge of some or all the following backend technologies: web and event based microservices, Node, RabbitMQ.
* Familiarity with some SQL or NoSQL systems such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB or Elasticsearch / Solr desirable.
* Working with containerised microservices using technologies like Docker for local development and Kubernetes for scaling services in our live environment.
What's on Offer
In return, you will be offered a superb financial package, complete flexibility and awesome, technically challenging projects to work on.CVs under review now!