- Non-client facing role, assisting NFP auditors with technical queries.
- Flexible working available.
About Our Client
Top 10 accountancy firm with a well-established Not for Profit team. Clients include well known London Museums, Art Galleries and large charities.
This technical role is hugely varied and covers the five key NfP sub-sectors: Social Housing, Charities, Higher Education, Further Education, and Academies. The NfP technical involvement in this role is extremely wide-ranging from carrying out a full technical review of a set of financial statements, delivering sector training or developing bespoke sector specific audit templates.Here are some things you can expect:
- Provide technical advice and expertise to the audit practice, focussed on responding to financial reporting queries and performing financial statement 'hot' reviews. As part of the role, you will be required to support audit teams daily with their technical queries and questions via calls and emails.
- Develop and maintain strong financial reporting skills in UK GAAP and the various NfP SORPs across Charities, Education and Social Housing, whilst maintaining a good range of knowledge on broader regulatory and narrative reporting requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining high quality and accessible on-line resources and templates, including the latest sector developments for audit teams.
- Developing training materials and online internal training sessions.
The Successful Applicant
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA)
- Previous audit and/or technical experience
- Some experince of working with Charity, Social Housing and/or Education clients
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP, the sector SORPs (Charities, Housing and Education) and the regulatory frameworks that NfP entities operate in.
What's on Offer
- Salary up to £60,000 + benefits.
- Flexible working.
- Hybrid and /or remote working.