NPD - Drinks (FTC)
Oustanding opportunity for an experience NPD person to lead a team
Excellent hands on role
About Our Client
Having been in operation for over 100 years, this company are at the forefront of new product development and innovation in their sector. If you are a driven, hands-on individual with experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, please apply below.
The key responsibilities of the NPD - Drinks is:
Responsible as a technical lead for Drinks Development team e.g. hands on delivery of the speciality drinks development portfolios with a strong technical expertise in powder recipe formulation, processing and handling.
Understands customer and consumer insights and translates these into robust, safe, legal and repeatable specifications using appliance of technical and scientific competencies.
- Keeps abreast of industry, consumer and technology trends as well as the activity of competitors, whilst ensuring that these insights are incorporated into the development of a superior drinks offering.
Ensure delivery of the full R&D activity plan according to agreed timings, budget and quality standards, balancing the need for internal work versus the opportunities to outsource.
- Drive engagement within the Ingredients team, and support the Drinks development manager in driving engagement in the whole team and promoting drinks culture within Lavazza Pro.
Repsonsible for the prioritisation and allocation of resources against the 7 activities within R&D, namely: supply continuity, issue management, legal/consumer, NPD, cost reduction, continuous improvement, research.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Have a degree in Food Science or similar technical qualification.
- Have a keen understanding and enthusiasm for NPD and EPD
- Be able to travel (occasionally) to Europe
- Ability to be hands on and apply knowledge and skills to a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance principles, ingredient supply market and market research practices
- Proven track record of hands-on multi-project management and delivery
- Ideally a sound technical knowledge of powder manufacturing processes
- Evidence of leading and delivering large technical work programs with a cross functional team
- Strong ability to understand, interpret and challenge effectively the analysis of data presented by internal associates and external suppliers/consultants
- Working knowledge of statistical tools and their application in a formulation and manufacturing environment
- Proven ability and aptitude to apply technical knowledge within a commercial environment
- Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.