NPI Manufacturing Engineer
NPI Manufacturing Engineer in London.
Join an innovative market leading and growing business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading innovative design and manufacturing business experiencing exciting growth in London.
The NPI Manufacturing Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Design department to ensure final product specifications are suitable for mass production. Ensure robust feedback loops between departments, and communicate lessons learnt once products are in production.
- Produce Production Impact Analyses for the suggested designs, analysing the effects on the whole factory and distilling this to a few key KPI's, such as cost to manufacture.
- Take the prototype designs and develop suitable manufacturing procedures, including automated processes where deemed necessary.
- Perform verification trials and evaluate the ease and repeatability of the manufacture of new products.
- Ensure the highest quality throughout, minimise teething issues and faults through PFMEA and formal root-cause analysis investigations.
- Write SOP's to define how the new products are to be manufactured.
- Work closely with the in-house Tooling & Equipment department to produce in-house jigs and fixtures, produce requirement specifications, perform validation trials, produce installation plans and train operators.
- When needed to purchase new equipment: liaise with machinery suppliers, produce CAPEX budget requests and business cases, negotiate new machinery purchases. Install equipment, perform risk assessments, write standard operating procedures and train operators.
- Work closely with the supply chain department, help analyse suppliers' processes and undertake make/buy calculations to compare in-house manufacture with external.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that defects are minimised but are also recorded and acted upon.
- Implement and handover a Continuous Improvement programme once production has started to maximise capacity, quality and efficiency. Ensure that processes are capable and stable using SPC methodology.
The Successful Applicant
- An Engineering degree and able to demonstrate a solid engineering background in a relevant environment.
- Knowledge bringing new products to market within a manufacturing environment as a NPI Manufacturing Engineer.
- Strong understanding of Lean principles and other manufacturing theories.
- Problem solving skills using Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC or other techniques.
- Project management skills and the able to balance short-term fire-fighting with long-term improvement.
- A hands-on practical approach.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits