- Great Opportunity for a NQ solicitor to join an in-house legal team
- Very flexible working and excellent benefits!
About Our Client
Well known Scientific Organisation
- Draft, review, negotiate and maintain new and existing contracts, coordinating the engagement with relevant stakeholders and third parties in order to deliver effective legal support and guidance.
- Keep comprehensive records of each stage of contract negotiations, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of all matters being dealt with so that there is a clear audit trail on each file.
- Provide legal and contract support and advice at all levels within the organisation, taking into account benefits to the business and its stakeholders and any associated risks.
- Research and seek necessary technical advice on a variety of legal issues (e.g. commercial contracts, intellectual property, data protection, compliance, policies), working with external legal support to meet the needs of particular negotiations/matters as may be necessary.
- Draft and review of template agreements in order to improve efficiencies.
- Liaise and negotiate with internal and external parties as necessary at all levels of seniority, building and managing good working relationships.
- Proactively arrange and action review meetings and workload reviews in order to ensure the delivery of efficient legal support.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation, liaising with other groups and divisions within Diamond to coordinate and support relationships with third parties.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to work on own initiative but also an effective team worker
- Self-motivated with a positive approach and aptitude for problem solving
- Displays enthusiasm and interest to effectively extract and contextualise the relevant information required in order to take control of the process
- An ability to analyse, interpret and respond effectively to detailed written documentation
- An organised, level-headed but flexible approach to working to deadlines under pressure
- Ability to communicate very effectively, within a science and technical environment, at all levels of seniority, in writing and orally in English to a very high standard and to present a coherent argument
- Proven ability to prioritise a heavy and varied workload and to keep track of a large volume of ongoing projects An ability to work effectively in the specialist area but contribute as part of a wider group of individuals providing support services to the organisation
- Rigorous administration skills with good attention to detail · Ability to research legislative requirements and apply them to operations · Ability to articulate/communicate succinctly legislative requirements to stakeholders
What's on Offer
Very Friendly team
30 days holiday + Bank holidays!